|Home Hall | sitemap | log in|
History of Home Hall
Home Cottage, as it was originally known, was purchased in the early 1900’s, by the author Christopher Bush. He wrote under the pseudonym of
As a young boy, Christopher and his large family, lived just around the corner, next door to the Bakery, in a small cottage named Home Cottage. He had always promised his mother, to buy her a bigger house with a garden and one day he did just that. He had plans to employ his father and brother-in-law to build, what he called, two wings on either end of the semi-detached cottage.
The wings were built, as he requested. The building material was the same as the original part of the building – clay lump, from the local pit.
The house in those days, originally sat on four acres and boasted a tennis court, a
Site Last Updated - 02/06/2016 19:07:20