|Auld Haa Guest House - Fair Isle | sitemap | log in|
Auld Haa Guest House ♦ Fair Isle
See new website & Fair Isle Blog
A registered historic building and landmark
owned by the National Trust for Scotland.
Historic charm warms the Auld Haa, originally built for the laird of the island in the year 1700. A gathering place that has shown hospitality to many travelers, notably Sir Walter, who visited here in 1814, he was interested in the Islands history and the Spanish Armada shipwreck, the El Gran Griffin of 1588. The Auld Haa is close to the Museum, the South Harbor and the South Lighthouse, built by Stevenson in 1892, all waiting to be explored. Make sure to find time to golf the humble but challenging Fair Isle Lighthouse Keepers Golf Course, Watch a few and make a few birdies at the same time. The Auld Haa has great views from the front garden, made even more amazing if you have the chance to see whales or a rare bird species. Keep a lookout for passing ships as Gannets plunge into the shimmering Sea.
Two small but charming rooms with shared bath, access to the dining room, living room Garden, SKY TV & Wireless Internet.
One large size bed in each room, very luxurious for one…
made to comfortably sleeps two.
♦ Price includes Breakfast, Pack Lunch & 5 Course Dinner ♦
1 person - £70.00 1 room
2 persons - £120.00 1 room
Children welcome! Discount for Children under 12 years old. Special considerations made if possible. We have two rooms and a third room if necessary, to accomodate children, stranded day tripper and desperate birdwatchers when a rare bird is about. So even if it says we are booked we may find a bed for you. so give us a call.
One person - one night reservations are normally not taken.
Your Host at the "Haa"
Friendly American family Tommy, Liz & Henry age 9 are happy to invite you into their home. Liz & Tommy are very creative in the kitchen with culinary inspirations from Asia, Europe and the Americas we hope you like to eat! the Auld Haa Chocolate Cake is Legendary... Whenever possible we serve local vegetables from our own garden, fresh fish and local game. All guests are accommodated with likes & dislikes, allergies, ways of life. etc. Just make sure Tommy knows if you like Hot! or Not.
Phone # 01595 760 349
From USA # 011 44 1595 760 349
Auld Haa Guest House
Fair Isle, Shetland Islands
Scotland, UK. ZE2 9JU
View from Malcolm's Head
Seal Pup South Harbor
12 Fair Isle Facts
1. Truly the most remote inhabited island in the UK.
2. Population about 70 year-round residents
3. Population about 50,000 summering Puffins
4. World Famous as the origin of Fair Isle knitwear
5. The island is owned by The National Trust for Scotland
6. Important location for breading Seabirds & migratory species
7. 27 new species for Britain orthogonal records
8. Holder of the European diploma for environmental living
9. Recognized as one of the most scenic places in Britain
10. Shetlands 2nd busiest international port due to private yachts
11. Fair Isle is about 1 1/2 by 3 miles in size
12. The only island for 50 miles between Orkney and Shetland
Funny Flying Puffin - Fair Isle
Auld Haa Guest House from the Sea
give us a call - 01595 760349 - ask for Tommy